About the Project
The Damkars envisioned the residential project to be a place where local aging populations can enjoy their retirement in familiar surroundings together with loved ones. The project will provide varying levels of care to accommodate differing needs so that seniors may live comfortably and confidently. The Damkars view both the Church and the residential community to be a gift to God and their neighbours.
Located northeast of the community of Watermark at Bearspaw, and immediately north of the future Centre Street Church Northwest Campus, the project lands are:
- Approximately 4.97 hectares
- Accessed by 12 Mile Coulee Road
- Anticipated to include 75 – 100 villas
- Within the Watermark Conceptual Scheme (2009) and Bearspaw Area Structure Plan (1993; currently under review) areas
- Planned to be developed logically in a phased approach based on market demand
- Serviced by potable water, sanitary sewer and stormwater via existing infrastructure in Watermark
Trico Homes refined the Concept Plan and submitted a new application on June 25, 2021. Since then, further amendments have been incorporated into this submission based on feedback received during the summer and fall engagement in 2021. The revised Concept offers a balanced approach that honours the Damkar’s vision and community growth direction. Amendments are:
- Introduction of villas across the site and increased emphasis on landscaped areas, pathways and street furniture to encourage outdoor activities and enhance social interaction.
- Vehicular access responsive to topography and adjacent development.
- An extension of existing utilities from the Watermark community in consultation with Rocky View County.
For questions, comments or ideas, please contact our community engagement representative:
Support for the project
As part of the application review process, Rocky View County considers all input received by the public prior to making their decision. If you’d like to communicate your support for the project, you are invited to submit a letter to the County.
Click the button below to learn more.