About the Project
The Damkars envisioned the residential project to be a place where local aging populations can enjoy their retirement in familiar surroundings together with loved ones. The project will provide varying levels of care to accommodate differing needs so that seniors may live comfortably and confidently. The Damkars view both the Church and the residential community to be a gift to God and their neighbours.
Located northeast of the community of Watermark at Bearspaw, and immediately north of the future Centre Street Church Northwest Campus, the project lands are:
- Approximately 4.97 hectares
- Accessed by 12 Mile Coulee Road
- Anticipated to include four residential buildings with up to 497 suites to accommodate a range of tenant needs
- Designed to include a combination of at-grade visitor parking and an underground parkade for tenants
- Within the Watermark Conceptual Scheme (2009) and Bearspaw Area Structure Plan (1993; currently under review) areas
- Planned to be developed logically in a phased approach
- Serviced by potable water, sanitary sewer and stormwater via existing infrastructure in Watermark
The project team is in the early phases of planning and many aspects of the design are still under consideration. Preliminary concepts, however, include the following features:
- Four (4) residential buildings with independent access points and underground parking to be developed in phases
- Three to six storey buildings
- Water features and landscaped areas with paved pathways and street furniture to encourage outdoor activities and gathering areas
- Craftsmen style architecture that is reflective of local aesthetic
- Adapts to natural topography to preserve views for tenants and neighbours
*All images are conceptual only and are subject to change.
For questions, comments or ideas, please contact our community engagement representative:
Stay informed and subscribe for updates
Join our mailing list for the latest project updates and upcoming engagement events.