Trico Homes submitted a renewed Conceptual Scheme Amendment and Land Use Redesignation application to Rocky View County on Friday, June 25, 2021, for its Seniors-oriented Residential Project. This is a new and distinct application submission from the previous submission made in 2020. More information about the new application can be found below.
An in-person open house will be held on Thursday July 22, 2021, at the Lynx Ridge Golf Course to share information about the new project vision. Opportunities to get involved online will also be made available. Further details about ways to get involved are shared below.
NEW APPLICATION SUBMISSION
On May 18, 2021, Trico Homes went before Rocky View County Council for a public hearing for the Land Use Redesignation and Conceptual Scheme Amendment applications for its Damkar Seniors-oriented Residential Project. Although the previous application responded to public input, RVC Council voted to reject it.
Prior to the public hearing, Trico hosted a comprehensive public engagement campaign throughout 2020 which included two virtual engagement sessions, one in-person open house, and input gathered from 156 feedback forms, numerous email comments and more than five stakeholder meetings. Input gathered from public engagement helped shape the final conceptual scheme shared at RVC Council on May 18. Over the course of the public engagement program and application process, the following changes were made to the initial conceptual scheme:
- The total residential units were decreased from 497 units to 350 units
- The maximum building height was reduced six storeys, to four, with the western-most buildings as low as two to three storeys
- A commitment to include a traffic signal on 12 Mile Coulee Road
Following the public hearing, Trico reconfigured its Conceptual Scheme and submitted a new application on Friday, June 25, 2021. The new application entails:
- A multi-storey seniors-oriented building within the eastern portion of the site designed to accommodate up to 160 senior’s living units. The building will feature surrounding landscaped areas, water features, paved pathways, and street furniture to encourage outdoor activities and enhance social interaction. Similarly, amenities will be provided within the building to provide support services to the residents living on-site.
- A series of up to 38 villa-style duplexes attractively designed to leverage the slopes in the western portion of the site to provide spectacular view to the Bow River Valley to the west and provide an appropriate interface with the existing residential developments located immediately north and west of the Plan area.
To learn more about the revised application, please visit the About the Project tab.
PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE AND ONLINE ENGAGEMENT
You are invited to join Trico Homes for an in-person, public open house for the Damkar Seniors-oriented Residential Project.
Lynx Ridge Golf Course (8 Lynx Ridge Blvd, Calgary AB)
Date & Time
Thursday, July 22, 2021 from 5 – 7 p.m.
The purpose of the open house is to share the revised Conceptual Scheme and project timeline, gather input from the community and respond to questions. This is an informal, drop-in event therefore RSVP’s are not required.
Health and Safety Precautions
Provincial public health restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted, however some precautions will be in place at the event to best ensure public safety.
- For those that are unable to, or choose not to attend the event, an information package and survey will be made available through the project website for two weeks (July 22 – August 5).
- Attendees are encouraged to complete feedback forms online however hard copies will be available.
- All guests must sign-in upon entry for contact tracing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
For questions, get in touch.